Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A cry for help

Why is all this happening?
Why does life have to be so hard?
They say follow your dreams and follow your heart,
Has my heart steered me wrong?

I try to go down a path of righteousness,
Praise the Lord for all my blessings,
But day after day, the world seems to collapse around me.
Where all others strive, I keep falling.

For every step I make, I’m being pulled back.
For every breath I take, suffocation ensues.
Will this pain cease?
Will this void leave?

I am nothing but an empty shell,
Void of emotion,
Lost in a sea of despair and isolation
Nothing but a broken bell.

I scream but no one can hear me
I cry but no one can see me
I matter to no one but myself
But even she has given up on me

I hope for new beginnings,
For times of joyous tidings,
For a turning of the tide,
Where love and happiness resides.

© June 20, 2012, Alexandra Bazile

No comments:

Post a Comment